Sunday, June 14, 2009

Oh And By The Way...

Alright guys it's been a while so I'm gonna try to fit in a lot of snib bits that I've been thinking lately...it's long but worth it!

First off I got my hair cut...I cut it a while back and now I'm growing it out...its in the in-between stages so us girls know what it's like...YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING WITH IT! I had to cut it to get it all one length :o( But here it is...I kinda feel boyish!I love my peace sign shirt! lol
DANG I have a pointy nose! lol

Ok another thing on my mind is that I LOVE MY EBOOK!!!! OMG OMG OMG!!! I'm totally obsessed.
I love: its totally saves your page even if you shut it off really quick, its easy to hold, thin and sleek, easy to download books, you can download music, you can easily book mark, not that expensive, and overall AWESOME!

I rate this ebook...




BTW this ebook is a Sony Reader Digital Book PRS-505 (Silver)

TELL ME you've read the Time Travelers Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. She is wonderful and actually I think this is the only novel she has written. I think she is an artist. Well anyways this book is coming out into a movie and I personally can't wait. THIS IS MY ALL TIME FAV BOOK! It got me reading romance! Here is what the book is about...

Henry De Tamble is a Chicago librarian with "Chrono Displacement" disorder; at random times, he suddenly disappears without warning and finds himself in the past or future, usually at a time or place of importance in his life. This leads to some wonderful paradoxes. From his point of view, he first met his wife, Clare, when he was 28 and she was 20. She ran up to him exclaiming that she'd known him all her life. He, however, had never seen her before. But when he reaches his 40s, already married to Clare, he suddenly finds himself time travelling to Clare's childhood and meeting her as a 6-year-old. The book alternates between Henry and Clare's points of view, and so does the narration. Niffenegger expresses the longing of the one always left behind, the frustrations of their unusual lifestyle, and above all, her overriding love for Henry. Likewise, Niffenegger evokes the fear of a man who never knows where or when he'll turn up, and his gratitude at having Clare, whose love is his anchor.

Here is the preview!



ALSO Im totally pumped to watch True Blood Season 2!!! YAY!!! I have to downlaod them b/c I don't have HBO...BUT STILL I CAN'T WAIT!



And lastly I just wanted to share my two animals with everyone! This is Sam (aka Sammy my Tabby cat -name is from Lord of the Rings and Lando my Australian Shepherd -name from Star Wars lol)


<3monroe

15 comments:

Amy C said...

I am reading The Time Traveler's Wife now. Well, it kinda got put on hold until I finish Warsworn by Elizabeth Vaughan. That one kinda sucked me in! I'm getting mixed feelings about The Time Traveler's Wife. It's about a half and half with either hating it or loving it! I'm very curious to see how I like it.

June 14, 2009 at 5:04 PM
Monroe Dawson said...

Amy C-
I believe that Time Travelers Wife is one of those hate it or love it books i just happen to love it! Let me know what you think when your finished! :o) Happy Reading!

June 14, 2009 at 5:22 PM
~ames~ said...

I love your hair, I love my sony ebook reader too and I love Eric Bana so I'm super excited to watch TTTW. :P

And love pictures of the furry ones!! LOL I'm full of love, what can I say?

June 14, 2009 at 7:48 PM
Monroe Dawson said...

Ames-
LOL THANK YOU THANK YOU AND THANK YOU! I cant wait for you to read TTW!!! I loved that book. It seriously moved me!...ps (HOT SEX!!!) WOOT WOOT! lol

June 14, 2009 at 7:50 PM
Tia said...

Love your pooch and fat cat! And your hair since its the SAME as mine, only mine is a teeny longer and a lot darker. We're definitely rockin' the bobs. And you don't look boyish. You look sassy, like you could kick ass, take names, and still make your ten o'clock mani/pedi appointment!

June 14, 2009 at 8:07 PM
Monroe Dawson said...

Tia-
LOL You make me sound so mulit-talented! lol BTW I do my own mani/pedi's...ya Im that talented! lol

June 14, 2009 at 8:24 PM
Tia said...

You definitely are. I know you did your barbie pink french mani earlier today! You know...so maybe kick ass, take names, and still make it home in time to do your own mani/pedi before dinner!;)

June 14, 2009 at 9:10 PM
Cindy W said...

Hey! You don't look boyish, at all. I am glad you're like the ereader, it's wonderful-- did you find the free books in the sony store? Love your dog and cat, we have a pug, Leia, after Princess Leia. Thanks for sharing.

I think you'll like Night Pleasures, A LOT!!

June 15, 2009 at 3:59 AM
nath said...

I like the hair!! I cut mine recently and it looks boyish. I wanted layers, but there are too many :(

Cute pets! :) Amazing how everyone has pets except me... hmm.

June 15, 2009 at 10:58 AM
Monkey Bear Reviews said...

I loved 'The Time Traveler's Wife'! Apparently, Audrey Niffenegger got a $5 million advance on her second novel, 'Her Fearful Symmetry'. It's due out in October 2009.

Cute hair!

June 15, 2009 at 12:18 PM
Tracy said...

Love the hair. So very cute. It's times like these, when I see such a cute style, that I wish my hair was straight. Mine is too curly/frizzy for this style. But I love it one you!

June 15, 2009 at 12:49 PM
VampFanGirl said...

Love the hair!

And can I just say WOW to that preview for 'The Time Traveler's Wife'?!? I love Rachel McAdams. She's so beautiful and such a talented actress. I'm not a huge fan of Eric Bana but maybe this movie will change my opinion of him.

;) VampFanGirl

June 15, 2009 at 4:39 PM
Monroe Dawson said...

Cindy W-
LOL Princess Leia! We should hook them up on a date! ;op`

Nath-
Hey long time no talk! Hey we will rock our boy hair cuts! :o) lol...ps. go get you a dog or something jeez! lol

Monkey Bear-
I want you to know YOU MADE MY FREAKING DAY!!! I didn't know she was up for another book! omg I loves TTW...I cried like a baby even just watching the preview! lol

Tracy-
Well thanks...I've always wanted curly hair!

Vamp Girl-
Thanks! TTW if an awesome book! VERY DEEP!

June 15, 2009 at 5:31 PM
Cecile Smutty Hussy said...

Hey Monroe! I love the hair cut and my daughter LOVES the hair cut and thinks you do not have a pointy nose!

Thanks for the update on the tibts!! And I really love the info update on your sony ereader! I am still on the fence!

June 15, 2009 at 7:09 PM
Monroe Dawson said...

Cecile-
Thanks so much! And tell your daughter I appreciate it! :o) lol I think my nose is kinda pointy...o-well better than having a HUGE one huh! lol

June 16, 2009 at 2:23 AM