Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, Book 2) - Sherrilyn Kenyon

Description~

Have you ever wanted to know what it's like to be immortal? To journey through the night stalking the evil that preys on humans? To have unlimited wealth, unlimited power? That is my existence, and it is dark and dangerous. I play hero to thousands, but am known to none. And I love every minute of it.

Or so I thought un
til one night when I woke up handcuffed to my worst nightmare: a conservative woman in a button-down shirt. Or in Amanda's case, buttoned all the way up to her chin. She's smart, sexy, witty, and wants nothing to do with the paranormal-in other words, me.

My attraction to Amanda Devereaux goes against everything I stand for. Not to mention the last time I fell in love it cost me not only my human life, but also my very soul. Now I find myself wanting to try again. Wanting to believe that love and loyalty do exist.

Even more disturbing, I find myself wondering if there's any way a woman can love a man whose battle scars run deep, and whose heart was damaged by a betrayal so savage that he's not sure it will ever beat again. ~Kyrian of Thrace

HOT DOG this book was good!

You open up the story meeting Amanda who is the only normal person in her family which is full of paranormal powers. One night while Amanda goes to let her sisters dog out, someone mistakes her for her twin sister and knocks her out! When Amanda comes to she finds herself handcuffed to a gorgeous, yet very passed out man in some sort of warehouse. Once she gets the man to wake up they find themselves faced with a problem...there is a very bad force coming after them. Kyrian is a Dark Hunter so its his duty is to protect Amanda. This poses a problem when Kyrian and Amanda start to fall under a deep trance for each other. Can Kyrian learn to love again after having his heart ripped out two thousand years ago? And what about the Dark Hunter code to never have a steady relationship with a human? And with Amanda dealing with Kyrians Dark Hunter "flaws" and her own hidden powers will she be able to give into her heart and love?

This book was great...SK did it again! This book was hot, exciting, had great side characters and of course kept you on the tip of your seat even at the end!

Kyrian and Amanda's love was so easy to fall into. Both had been hurt so it was natural for them to pick each others pieces up. There was so much sexual tension in this book it will have you gripping the pages begging for more more more! lol

AND WITHOUT FURTHER ADO...Your snib bit!

Without being told, she knew what he wanted. Arching her hips, she led him inside her, slowly, inch by long, full inch until he filled her deeply. She moaned at the sensation on his power inside her. At the hungry, needful look in his eye. As she started to pull her hand away, he covered it with his and held it against him. The hunger in his eyes intensified. "I want you to feel us joined," he said raggedly. Amanda swallowed as he slid himself between her fingers and went even deeper inside her. They moaned simultaneously.

I love the that from Fantasy Lover to Night Pleasures you got the same strong characters and SK even added more to the load. You got to meet Amandas family which includes Selena from Fantasy Lover...***NOTE*** HELLO where did Selena come from and can I please get a friend like her...shes like the ultimate match maker! lol first Julian and now Kyrian! I NEED TO BE FRIENDS WITH THIS CHICK!*** You also got to meet Nick which is Kyrians right hand man and helps him in his everyday life and protects him while he sleeps. I really liked Nick so I hope we see him later!

Ok so ya GO GET THIS STINKING BOOK!!! You won't be sorry!

I give this book a total of...





Off to read Lord of Scoundrels by Loretta Chase
<3monroe

17 comments:

Kristie (J) said...

I read her first five or six books and really enjoyed them but then they became to much same old, same old. Plus they became to sequel baity for me to keep reading. But I really did enjoy this one.
And now you are going to make me wait to see what you think of Lord of Scoundrels?? That's cruel. IMO, LoS is a real classic in the romance genre.

June 16, 2009 at 6:11 PM
Monroe Dawson said...

Kristie J-
Yep you gotta wait and see! Muahahah! lol A few peeps have been telling me I HAD to read it so I'm on page 2 now! lol I really liked NP it was great! I can't wait to read the next one which will prolly be soon!

June 16, 2009 at 6:14 PM
Tia said...

HOT DOG!!! Good review. Selena is in Talon's book too! And she makes a few appearances later on in the series. Nick is a pretty steady character throughout, until those bad things we were talking about happen. SK has a way of wrapping stories around each other and most of her characters are in the same circle. Of course the DH's are like a band of brothers (sorta) but the side characters and characters from past books are more often than not attached to someone else that you're reading about. It's one small world in her series. And that small world just keeps twisting and turning and getting deeper and deeper. Love it. Also love how your snib bit was SEX! You freakin' nympho. :)

The sex was SMOKIN' in this book though wasn't it??? Well in all of her books. God the DH's are so yumm-o. (sigh)

June 16, 2009 at 6:18 PM
Monroe Dawson said...

Tia-
LMAO! I am NOT a nympho...I just know good lovin' when I read it! lol Yes i love how SK ties her people into each story line! I kinda missed Julian and Grace even though they were in it some!

June 16, 2009 at 6:20 PM
Tia said...

That's because Julian is a freak of a man and happens to be perfect. I'm about to re-read Julian just for giggles. I loved that scene when he was dressed in too tight clothes and Serena was supposed to be man-sitting. Hilarious. I can just see it in my mind. You'd love The Pleasure Slave-Gena Showalter too. It's kinda like Julian but the guy's name is Tristan. And he's magically delicious too. I'm pretty sure that it's on your list. If not it should be.

June 16, 2009 at 6:28 PM
Monroe Dawson said...

Tia-
Magically delicious?!?! lol

June 16, 2009 at 6:30 PM
Tia said...

Exactly right. Magically delicious. Its from a cheesy pickup line. Are you wearing Lucky Charm panties? (pause pause pause) You must be because you're magically delicious. I like it. And it fits all these fine paranormal hunks we gush about.

June 16, 2009 at 6:35 PM
nath said...

I discovered this series a couple of years ago and gobbled it up... Ah, that was the old, nice time... now, I have no interest whatsoever, except for a few characters.

I liked this one well enough, but have to say, I'm so not a fan of Amanda. Actually, I'm the odd one out :P I like Talon's story better. Of course, my favorite is Wulf and Cassandra story though.

Well hope you enjoy the rest of the series, Monroe :D

June 17, 2009 at 7:43 AM
Monroe Dawson said...

Nath-
Hey being different is good girl! :o) And I hope I enjoy the rest of the series as well!

June 17, 2009 at 2:40 PM
VampFanGirl said...

Great Review Monroe!

I read this book a LONG time ago and I remember it being good but I think I liked the second one better - 'Night Embrace'. My favorite so far of the series though was 'Night Play'. Soooooo goooooood.

Now I'm woefully behind in the dark-hunter series. While I have the last four or five releases, I haven't read them yet. I can't remember everything since it's been so long and now I'm thinkin' that I'll have to re-read the entire series....

;) VampFanGirl

June 18, 2009 at 9:06 AM
~ames~ said...

I know I read this book - but since I don't remember what happens, I'm gonna have to reread it! LOL

June 18, 2009 at 9:08 AM
Kara said...

I love SK's books!!! Vane and Zarek are my two favs. Great review and awesome blog.

June 18, 2009 at 10:02 AM
nath said...

LOL, well at least, you can binge on the series :D and you won't have to wait forever for Ash's story :)

June 18, 2009 at 5:14 PM
Monroe Dawson said...

Vamp Grl-
I cant wait to read Night embrace which I will probably start like...hmmm...Monday! lol

Ames-
Ummm ya reread it...HAWT!

Kara-
Ok Ill have to watch out for their stories, I am LOVIN' all of them so far! lol

Nath-
I WILL BINGE ON ALL THESE HOT MEN! lol Luvs it!

June 18, 2009 at 5:18 PM
Monroe Dawson said...

Kara-
OH and thanks so much for your kind words! My blog would be crap if I didn't have great peeps our there to read it like all of yall! :o)

June 18, 2009 at 5:20 PM
Rowena said...

I really enjoyed this book as well and the third book was good for me but I'll let you know when the series starts to go downhill but you're okay for now. =)

June 26, 2009 at 1:07 PM
Monroe Dawson said...

Wena-
Ive heard that...sad. Im just glad I have a ways to go before that happens!

June 27, 2009 at 8:46 AM