Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Blue-Eyed Devil - Lisa Kleypas

Description~

A Wellesley grad and daughter of a Houston energy baron, Haven Travis is an unlikely romantic heroine until her brief but ardent encounter with a man who turns out to be Hardy Cates, the East Texas roughneck from Sugar Daddy who worked his way up from poverty and then outmaneuvered the Travis clan in a business deal. Haven's engaged to Nick Tanner—a man her dad thinks is unfit for her—and though she and Hardy have a charged interaction, she elopes with Nick, and her father cuts her off. Nick turns out to be a bad guy, and a beaten and bruised Haven returns to Houston, where Hardy's still at odds with her family. Their passion proves as fervent as ever, but demons from Haven's recent past—as well as strife with her family and troubles at work and in bed—stand in the way.

Did she really do it again...did she REALLY put out ANOTHER...BETTER book! HECK YES SHE DID!

You met Hardy the roughneck boy from Texas in Sugar Daddy. Hes a self made millionaire who has a past not only with Southern Belle Liberty but with the Travis's. This "past" puts Haven Travis totally out of reach for Hardy. But when Haven gets out of an abusive marriage with her college love Nick somehow she ends up into the arms of the man her family hates the most...HARDY CATES! Can Hardy help Haven heal from her wounded past? Will Haven be able to totally let go of her ex-husband Nick...will Nick let her let go? And will Haven ever be able to trust the man her family despises?

Wow...WOW! Luvs it! This book was awesome. You know I really love Sugar Daddy and in my head I was thinking "I don't know if Lk will be able to top this one" but wow was I ever wrong!

First off you got to meet Haven Travis. I loved how Haven wasn't really moved by her fathers money. She was her own person and didn't care if she was rich or poor. She went to college and didn't really expect any handouts. And OH I hated her husband Nick. He was such an abusive (excuse my lang) bastard! OMG he was making her go by her middle name and that totally pissed me off. I think Liberty had it right when she said that he was basically trying to erase her.

Hardy...OH HARDY!!! You know one of the best things in Sugar Daddy is how LK came about outing Hardy and what he did. (Don't want to put any spoilers out there) You really were disappointed but you didn't hate him. It was what it was. So for him to totally redeem himself in this second book was great! Hardy was also AWESOME with trying to heal Haven. His tenderness was breathtaking. He really was the man I knew he could be! :*)

Another thing I also loved was how you got to see how Liberty and Gage's relationship was. Which is great b/c I totally crushed on Gage in the first book! I loved how Gage came to the rescue being the big brother and you totally fell for him all over again!

Oh and I cant tell you how excited I am about Jacks story in Smooth Talking Stranger (which I will be reading within the next week I assure you).

Snib bit-
"I guess it's over now," I said bravely. "Right?"
"Is that what you want?"

My throat clenched. I shook my he
ad.
"What do you want, Haven?"

"I want you," I bust out, and the tears spilled over again. "But I can't have you."
Hardy moved closer, gripping my hands, forcing me to look at him. "Haven, sweetheart...you've already got me. I'm not going anywhere. Will you let me hold you now?"


Mmmm...Okay...so overall if I had to choose three words to describe this book they would be...
1) Heartwrenching
2) Tender
3) Exciting

I give this book a total of...




<3monroe

PS - It SO only took me 1 stinking day to read this book and you're crazy if you don't go get it ;op~

13 comments:

~ames~ said...

Every book that you review and I've already read, I want to go out and reread immediately. LOL

I'm for sure going to reread BED soon.

Good review!

June 23, 2009 at 6:29 PM
Monroe Dawson said...

Ames-
LOL I loved it! I can't wait to do the review of STS! Yay!

June 23, 2009 at 6:33 PM
Tia said...

Good review bunny!

June 23, 2009 at 9:21 PM
Lori said...

I loved how Hardy was all about loving Haven. From page one.You just have to love a guy like that. None of what he did before mattered to me. Because he was all about her. yummy.

June 23, 2009 at 9:24 PM
Isabel said...

This was a good one too. I admit, I kept thinking Hardy was gonna use Haven. He did redeem himself, but Gage is still number 1

June 23, 2009 at 9:42 PM
Monroe Dawson said...

Tia-
Thanks! :o)

Lori-
I know I loved how he was so protective of Haven!

Iz-
I was scared for that to happen too! BUT by time you heard of the "deal" at the end I knew something had to be up...he was so into her by then. OH YA...Gage...*sigh*

June 24, 2009 at 3:23 AM
VampFanGirl said...

I really loved this book also Monroe. While I crushed on Gage in SD, I always felt guilty with regards to Hardy. Like I betrayed him for falling in love with Gage. Not only did Hardy redeem himself in BED but I felt like I did too. I was able to fall in love with him again.

It was almost emotionally draining to read about Haven and Nick. He was horrible and to know that women are abused this way breaks my soul in two. I can't even imagine it as a reality for it totally crushed me in fiction.

I was so happy that Haven finally had her true Happily Ever After. The girl deserved it.

Great review!

;) VFG

June 24, 2009 at 2:22 PM
Monroe Dawson said...

Vamp Grl-
Thanks! This review was totally easy to do...SO MUCH GOOD STUFF! Ya OMG I could never imagine going through what Haven went through! Oh I was SUPER glad to see Hardy be a good boy! ;o)

June 24, 2009 at 4:23 PM
Rowena said...

Oh wow, your reviews just keep getting better because like Ames, every time you review a book that I've already read, I want to immediately run home and read the book again. This book was such a good one and I'm so glad you enjoyed it, Hardy rocks my socks but as much as I loved his book it's all about Jack for me.

JACKISMINEDAMMIT! And you're reading him soon, woot!

June 26, 2009 at 12:52 PM
Monkey Bear Reviews said...

I LOVED this book! Hardy is one of my favourite heroes of all time.

SarahT

June 26, 2009 at 3:37 PM
Monroe Dawson said...

Wena-
Awww thanks! Ya I cant wait to read STS...probably get to that one at least by Tuesday! yay!

Monkey Bear-
Ya I really love Hardy too. Him and Haven fit together way better than him and Liberty would have!

June 27, 2009 at 8:40 AM
Kristie (J) said...

See what happens when I take a mini-break from blogging? I miss not one but two great reviews!! Smooth Talking Stranger was a bit of a let down after this one, though I loved it still, but Blue Eyed Devil is such an emotional and uplifting read in seeing how Haven overcame so much and how Hardy was there for her. This is my favourite of the the three of them and I've read it on more then one occasion.

June 27, 2009 at 3:11 PM
Monroe Dawson said...

Kristie J-
YES! This book was extremely emotional...this second story in the series was taken to a whole new level! :o)
PS-Aww...you think I do good reviews!?!?! lol Thanks! IDK why people care what I yammer on about sometimes! lol

June 27, 2009 at 6:41 PM