Monday, June 1, 2009

Oh And By The way...


I'll make this short but sweet! I just had to post something about this...OH MY GOSH...could this book get any better?!?! I'm only like 150pgs into it and Ive already cried once! Her words totally grab you by the collar! Its been a while since I've read a author who's descriptive word usage pulls me into the book. It's like your really there! WOW is Lisa Klepas going to be one of my new fav's??? Shessh...! People have been also telling me about her historicals...so their good too? What are some of her best books?

Heres just a few snib bits of tasteful writing...

Some days I stood at the end of the driveway to watch every car that passed. No matter how often Mama told me to quit looking for him, I couldn't give up. I guess I thought the strength of my wanting would be enough to make him appear.

We were walking along the main drive of the trailer park, out sneakers kicking up pebbles and dust clouds. The sunlight bore down on our uncovered heads and burned the thin lines of our parted hair.

If he was trying to make me smile, the effort flopped. It was pretty obvious this was the last time I'd be seeing Hardy Cates. There was no use in asking if he'd ever come back for me. I had to let go of him. But I knew as long as I lived, I would feel the phantom-pain of his absence.

Man idk about you but those words just grab me!

Here is where I am in the book...highlight this if you wanna see BUT if you haven't read this book DON'T RUIN IT FOR YOURSELF! :o)

*Right now I'm at the part where Liberty's momma just dies and she is at the funeral home with the neighbor Miss Marva.

Oh it was so sad when the mom died. I know there wasn't TOO much said about her mom...but really it was sad. :*(*

Thanks for everyone telling me I should dig into this one! I CANT WAIT to review this book for yall! :o)

<3monroe

15 comments:

Isabel said...

I'm glad you are enjoying it!! Can't wait until you finish it.

June 1, 2009 at 9:30 PM
Monroe Dawson said...

Oh its killing me not to peek further into the book! lol I'm so impatient. But I cant wait to finish it either! :o)

June 2, 2009 at 3:07 AM
Cindy W said...

The book gets better!!!!!!!!!!! This is one of my favorites! I'm gonna email you!

June 2, 2009 at 3:11 AM
Monroe Dawson said...

Cindy-
Ya definitely email me! I am in L-O-V-E with this book already! :o)

June 2, 2009 at 3:16 AM
Randi said...

Hi,
Yes, It does get better. Happy Reading and enjoy!! I hope you have Blue-eyed Devil and Smooth Talking Stranger in your TBR pile :-)

June 2, 2009 at 9:48 AM
Mollie said...

I LOVED Sugar Daddy. Everyone else loved Blue-eyed Devil as much..or even more than SD. But I didn't like B-ED as well. Still have Smooth Talking Stranger in my TBR pile!

June 2, 2009 at 11:56 AM
Rowena said...

Yes, this book can get better...trust me and NO PEEKING!

June 2, 2009 at 3:40 PM
Monroe Dawson said...

Randi-
OH YA I have both in my TBR pile! I seriously think Lisa K is gonna be a new fav of mine! :O)

Mollie-
I think I'll fly through these books. I know SD is hard to put down!

Wena-
Im trying dearest...you know me I'm horrible. Sometimes I read like a few books ahead! lol I still have the latest Outlander in the hatch of my car b/c I think I'll peek! THATS PRETTY SAD!!!

June 2, 2009 at 4:30 PM
Kristie (J) said...

And it gets even better!! And I also adored Blue Eyed Devil. I found it just as emotional. And I can hardly wait until you try her historicals 'specially Dreaming of You. See - there is this huge debate going on as to which of her heroes is the best with many choosing Sebastian of Devil in Winter and another group - known as the Cravenators (of which I'm one) who prefer Derek Craven. Then of course there are still others who have other favourites.
But I'm anxious to see your review of Sugar Daddy.

June 2, 2009 at 7:28 PM
Monroe Dawson said...

Kristie-
Well maybe I'll download those on my ebook reader since I just got it today!!! WOOHOOO!! And oh man this book is getting GOOOOOOOD!

June 2, 2009 at 7:32 PM
Lori said...

No. No way. Uh-uh. Overruling Kristie. While I love those 2 heroes (mmmmm) nobody beats out Nick Gentry in Worth Any Price. That should be your first LK historical.

*waving to Kristie*

And I have to admit, Kleypas was the author I trusted to deliver a first person to me - cause I usually despise first person. This one was fabulous!

June 3, 2009 at 1:00 AM
Monroe Dawson said...

Lori-
I'll have to check that one out too! Man I wouldn't know what to read if it wasn't for all of yall!!! :o)

June 3, 2009 at 3:09 AM
Carolyn Crane said...

Great excerpts. Oh, this book is so wonderful!!

June 3, 2009 at 5:59 AM
Anonymous said...

Loved the excerpts!! Lisa Kleypas is my favorite!! this book was great!

June 3, 2009 at 11:47 AM
Monroe Dawson said...

Carolyn & Barbara-
Thanks LK is so descriptive in this book it was easy to find a few to show! :o) I just finished it and LOVED IT!

June 3, 2009 at 3:48 PM