Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Dead and Gone (Sookie Stackhouse, Book 9) - Charlaine Harris

Description~
Telepathic waitress Sookie Stackhouse braces herself for trouble when another group of supernatural beings goes public in her disjointed eighth adventure (after 2008's From Dead to Worse). Following the vampires' lead, the shape-shifters decide to step out of the woodwork and announce their existence to the world. While the initial reveal goes smoothly, the brutal crucifixion of a young werepanther behind the local bar makes Sookie wonder if the people of Bon Temps, La., are as tolerant as she thought. Meanwhile, the FBI is asking questions about Sookie's uncanny ability to locate survivors after an explosion, and trouble is brewing among the secretive fae.

Ahhhh...Sookie Sookie now! LMAO! Ya I can't believe I just said that either. But really I can't help but flip over this book. First off I wanna be 100% up front and say I will probably put spoilers in this review b/c I don't wanna hold back how excited that I am so past this short paragraph...just don't read anymore b/c you WILL be informed about this story and it WILL ruin your Sookie experience! ;op~

OOOOMMMMGGGG!!! How long have we waited for a real relationship to blossom between Sookie and Eric. I KNOW like 90% of readers are TEAM ERIC and are pee-their-pants excited that FINALLY we got some foundation going on. Sure Sookie SAYS that the relationship is still undefined BUT how can she when she tells him that hes the only one until she decides the blood bond is the only thing between them?!?! Ya they bump uglies and its WONDERFUL! It remind me when they first had sex and he bit her inner thigh...that is ABOVE ALL my fav vamp biting scene in any book out there! lol What can I say I totally adore Eric. How can you not love their relationship. Its taken a while for them to get to really know one another, you find out so much about Eric past...I mean he had kids, a wife and even find out his maker was his lover...HELLO! ;op I think the fact that its taken Eric and Sook so long to get together that it makes their relationship even more special. Everyone has waited for this reunion and *sigh...I can NOW die happily! OH WAIT THERE IS MORE...so basically Eric and Sookie are kinda married!!! Eric "has to do this" in order to protect Sookie from the people who would take her away and use her. Hey he may have tricked her into this but we all know deep down shes totally fine with it right?!?!

Ok on side notes...

Sook's great-grandfather tells Sookie she is in danger from his enemy that wants to separate the fae world and earth. Sookie dodges a few life and death situations and we even get to see the series start to get a bit darker when Sookie actually gets tortured...thing is...BILL SAVES HER! Yup hes SO still hung up on her but honestly I really don't think it sways her that much. I think that she feels for him b/c of their past and the fact that he popped the Stackhouse cherry but thats about it.

ALSO- Jason (Sookies bro) has a best friend that has turned gay without anyone seeming to notice. He smacks around Crystal (remember her and Jason are separated still b/c shes a whore that cheated on him...hello everyone knows Jason's a hottie panther...how could she?!?!). He though he killed her and b4 he could get rid of the body someone steals it, sticks her on a cross like a crusifiction (*eye roll) and leaves her at Merlottes...whatever no big loss but I was sad to see Mel get ripped apart b/c he killed Crystal.

Lets see what else happened. OH well so the war between the Fae's ended with Sookie, Bill and Eric getting hurt but surviving. And the sad part is Sook's gret-grandfather tells her he was going to shut the portal between the two worlds anyways?!?! WTH?!?! lmao...ok so a few dead bodies later he decides the guy is KIND right?!?! Whatever! Jason and her great-grandfather kinda have a somewhat touching moment and b4 he leaves he tells Sookie the vampire loves her...but we don't find out who he means. I refuse to believe its anyone else but Eric! ;o)

Lastly you get a smidget of Quinn...I have to admit my heart kind aches for him...not as much as it does for Eric but still I felt so bad when he tried to talk to Sookie and she kinda wasn't having it and then Bill shows up and they fight! Sookie gets knocked out and wakes up with Eric tending to her. I think thats not the last we will hear of Quinn but who knows!

Ok this is my Snib Bit and the reason I choose this one is because I think this part is kinda crucial on the Eric and Sookie revaluation. :o)

Snib Bit~

"Am I happy when I'm with you?" I put my hand against his cheek. "Yes, I am. Do I think making love with you is the greatest thing ever? Yes, I do. Do I want to do it again? You bet, though not right now since I'm sleepy. But soon. And often. Am I having sex with anyone else? No. And I won't, unless I decide the bond is all we have."

Alrighty so did I ruin enough of the book for you?!?! Sorry...I have to apologize b/c I KNOW I sat here and rambled but you know when your so excited you try to get it all out in one breath...well thats kind what I did. I loved this book I just wish it was longer! :o)

I give this book a total of...





In the spirit of Sookie Stackhouse I just reviewed the latest epi of True Blood over at The Boob Tube go check it out and tell me what you thought!

The BooB TuBe!





Photobucket

17 comments:

Cecile Smutty Hussy said...

I just wanted to touch base with you and let you know that I have NOT read the book yet... So I did not read this review... but I wanted to promise you that when I do... I am coming find you!!!
I hope you had a great day and have a wonderful tomorrow!

August 26, 2009 at 6:18 PM
Monroe Dawson said...

Cecile-
LOL! Well I loved it! Ya don't read my review it was a totally crazed...spoiler review! lol Do you watch the show? I review the show weekly over at The Boob Tube! In fact i just revised this post to pimp my post over there! :o)

August 26, 2009 at 6:31 PM
Cecile Smutty Hussy said...

Actually, no I do not watch the show. We do not have HBO; but I did promise myself that once hunting season started... hubby will be gone almost every weekend... I will rent the first season and watch it!

August 26, 2009 at 6:57 PM
Monroe Dawson said...

Cecile-
Its an extremely dirty/guilty pleasure of mine. Hehe...the first season is...ehhh compared to the second season! :o)

August 26, 2009 at 7:44 PM
Teena in Toronto said...

BTW, I'm a Dawson too :)

August 26, 2009 at 8:31 PM
Monroe Dawson said...

Are you? Too funny! lol :o)

August 27, 2009 at 3:43 AM
Mollie said...

I'm not up to this book either. Just finished Dead as a Doornail. So I didn't read it either. But I did catch a glimpse of TEAM ERIC. So that's promising. I'm so ridiculously TEAM ERIC... :)

August 27, 2009 at 6:49 AM
Isabel said...

I can't to wait to read this! I read another review on this one and it sounds good.

August 27, 2009 at 7:07 AM
Monroe Dawson said...

Mollie-
I kept putting this book off b/c I knew Id be sad when I didnt have anymore Sookie to read :*( which I am! BUT its was SUCH a good book...youll be one happy camper reading it. Oh and...TEAM ERIC WOOT WOOT! ;op

Iz-
OMG it was good girl! So much went one...*sigh I just wish they were longer ya know?!?!

August 27, 2009 at 7:23 AM
Mandi said...

I'm up to book four so I read this with one eye open. I LOVE the show though! Eric and I are having a torrid love affair.

August 27, 2009 at 7:43 AM
Monroe Dawson said...

Mandi-
lol well he didnt tell me he was ALSO seeing you! Ugh! lol Thats ok ill share him with ya! ;o) Man hurry and catch up girl this book was GOOOOOD! lol

August 27, 2009 at 8:02 AM
Mandi said...

I know..I really need to finish this series up!

I suppose I could share...;)

August 27, 2009 at 8:05 AM
Monroe Dawson said...

Mandi-
lol you better girl! Mmmm...there are a few men in the Sookie Stackhouse series that Id LOVE to have a piece of but Eric is my top man ;o)

August 27, 2009 at 8:16 AM
Cecile Smutty Hussy said...

Hey Monroe... I have an award for you at my place!!
http://alliwantandmore.blogspot.com/2009/08/awww-i-have-received-beautiful-award.html
I hope you are having a great weekend!

August 29, 2009 at 10:17 AM
Monroe Dawson said...

Cecile-
Youre so sweet honey thank you!!!

August 29, 2009 at 8:58 PM
Anonymous said...

Hello everybody, I am new here... I am reading the books but I couldn't stop myself from reading this summary... OMG... I am so into Eric... I have a message for you all.... "Eric is MINE" and I dont share! :)

Great stories uh!

Have any of you read the twilight series? I did... and I am being unfaifull... I can't decide between Eric or Edward. :)

January 26, 2010 at 3:10 PM
Monroe Dawson said...

Why hello Omayra! Welcome to my little space! I hope you come back for more!

Yes Ive read the Twilight Series and love them as well...hmm...I like to think for my good side Id choose Edward and for my bad one ERIC! ;o) So ya...BOTH! lol

Do you watch true Blood? The HBO series on the Sookie Stackhouse Series? Well I also post over at The BooB TuBe with a few wonderful gals about that show and Vampire Diaries! You should go check it out!

<3 Monroe

January 26, 2010 at 3:14 PM