Monday, August 24, 2009

The Kept Woman - Susan Donovan

Description~
WHEN A GOOD-GIRL DIVORCEE
Playing by the rules has left Samantha Monroe with an AWOL ex-husband, maxed out credit cards, and the task of raising three children on a hairstylist's salary. It's time for a new game plan. When Sam learns that politician Jack Tolliver needs someone to play the part of his fiance for six months in return for a generous paycheck, she's ready to sign up on the spot.

MEETS A BAD-BOY POLITICIAN
Jack needs Sam and her kids to help tone down his image from womanizing cad to dependable dad. But he was expecting Sam to be a frumpy single mom, not a wickedly smart, sexy redhead. Keeping nosy newshounds from discovering that his engagement is a charade is going to be a tough job, but one mind-blowing kiss from Sam and suddenly Jack is ready to put in all the overtime necessary?

LOVE WINS IN A LANDSLIDE...
Now, with scheming opponents itching to bring Jack down, Sam's ex returning to stir up trouble, one stubborn preschooler, two squabbling teenagers, a crazy dog, and some out-of-this-world sex, Jack and Sam are discovering that playing make-believe can be complicated, but not nearly as much as falling in love?

How flippin' adorable is this book?

Ok Sam is a single mother of three. Her ex hubby left her right after she found out she was pregnant with her 3rd...he claimed he was gay?!?!? Yowza! lol She is a hairstylist who is struggling to keep her family afloat. Jack is a 'play boy politician' who's bad rep just might not get him his chair as the new Senator. Trying to play down his image his PR rep hires a reluctant Sam to play house and pretend she is his fiance. But when the charades start to get hot-n-heavy it all becomes a little TOO real for Jack and Sam...problem is...they like it! ;op~ But things go wrong when a crazy ex of Jacks threatens to bust up this fake engagement! Will Jack win the election? Will Sam risk her heart?

Sam- Really...have you HEARD of birth control lady?!?! LMAO! Just kidding! I really liked Sam in this book. She was extremely strong. Being a mother of 3 and making ends meet by doing WHATEVER it took. I loved watching her with her kids. Her youngest seemed to be her biggest struggle. Dakota (my fav kid) was potty training but failing miserably. Actually one of my fav parts was when Sam was fighting with Dakotas daycare b/c he wasn't trained yet. See they wanted him kicked out b/c apparently you gotta be potty trained before you start school. Well the day care owner tells Sam that Dakota is behind in his "Sphincter Management" and Sam tells her to basically go eff herself! lol omg Sam is a little hot head and NO ONE messes with her kids. I love how when Sam and Jack start to get REALLY involved together its like she is realizing her inner woman. Jack makes her feel sexy and wanted and together they are partners in life.

This brings me to Jack...one of my fav things about Jack is that before all this happened he was your typical play boy. He used to play sports and that got him the ladies and now hes one sexy politician that you just cant say no to. When he sees Sam for the first time he actually falls out of his chair! lol I cant EVEN count how many times he called her cute in his head...her cute ass, her cute hair, her cute smile...etc. When he has his first kiss with Sam he falls...and falls hard. It seems his entire life gets turned around and he only has eyes for HER and more importantly her kids! Next is his terms of endearment. I love when my hubby calls me his little pet names: baby, sweetie, love etc. And Jack is full of them in this book. He is never afraid to show his love for Sam and I find that SUPER SEXY!

Ok my biggest hang up in this book isn't a big one...but kinda weighed me down a bit. I understand a man who can cry...show his feelings. BUT when this man cries 4 TIMES...yes I counted...4 TIMES in one book I say that's a bit over the top. Come on...hes a play boy. They are normally cocky ya know?!?! Why have the man crying at every corner. I understand him meeting Sam was like opening a door, opening a part if him that has never been able to let out...BUT that doesn't mean it has to OPEN the flood gates! LMAO! Ok so please...cry less ok?!?! ;op~

Snib bit~

"I wanna eat you up," Jack murmured inside her ear, just as his hands began to spread her thighs apart. Sam gasped as she saw him sink to his knees in the shower. He looked up at her from his kneeling position and gave her a wicked grin. "Open up for me, Sam."
"Oh God". She was already shaking and he hadn't even done anything but talk to her and touch her legs. She was no match for Indiana's answer to Casanova. And when his fingers grazed the tender juncture of her inner thigh she gasped.
"I wont hurt you, baby." He whispered.
"Mommy change me now!"
Jack and Sam went still. Jack looked horrified. Sam mouthed a curse word and put her fingers over his lips to urge Jack to be quiet. Opening the shower door Dakota peered up at her and frowned, and Sam saw he was wearing his usual attire-a Bob the Builder T-shirt and not much else.
"Change me now and don't forget the wipes!"

LOL! See this book is seriously funny. It has so much family dynamics in it that it made me want a little family of my own! :*) BUT as much cutesy moments that are in it...there are 2x as many hot ones. Go get this book you WILL NOT be sorry!

I give this book a total of...





Photobucket

10 comments:

Cecile Smutty Hussy said...

Okay, next book buying trip I am getting this one. Monroe, you are bad, very bad... I am getting this book... and I will share a secret with you.. I normally don't do family books... I don't know why. They get married then have babies... but never have the family already and then start the story... But, on this review alone... I am going to buy this book!! Great review honey!! I already fell in love with the characters... Even CHANGE ME NOW!!! I was lmao while reading your review!!!
I hope you had a great weekend and a wonderful Monday!

August 24, 2009 at 7:12 PM
Monroe Dawson said...

Cecile-
LMAO! I loved this little gem! :o) I have really found that Im LOVING Susan Donovans books! Ive only read 3 total but so far...WOW! Glad you enjoyed this review b/c as you can tell its longer than my norm and I loved every min of writing it! ;o) Dont you just love my snib bit?!?!? LMAO!!!

August 24, 2009 at 7:17 PM
Lori said...

She's been hit or miss for me lately, but this sounds right up my alley. Thanks!!

August 24, 2009 at 8:03 PM
Monroe Dawson said...

Lori-
Really?!?! Well Ive only read 3 of her books but they were pretty dang good! ;o) Youll like this one!

August 24, 2009 at 8:41 PM
Cecile Smutty Hussy said...

Well, this will make my first one by her. And why not give a new author a try... I would hope you would do the same for me... when I review a book you like!
So, I have no problem getting it after reading how much you enjoyed it! LOL!!!
And yes, I love your little snib bits.. that is the "hook line sinker..." well that is the sinker for me! I was cracking up with the shower scene... That is really reality!!

August 25, 2009 at 7:30 AM
Rowena said...

I really enjoyed this book as well, I'm glad you did too. Jack was sexy and how funny that I don't remember him crying but it's been a while since I've read this one so that might be why.

Cute review sweets!

August 25, 2009 at 12:38 PM
Tracy said...

ok - sounds really cute...might have to pick it up.

Answer me this though...did you feel that Jack fell too fast? I always wonder when I see a playboy fall that hard that fast. Can that happen? lol Or is it my pessimistic side showing again?

August 25, 2009 at 3:54 PM
Monroe Dawson said...

Cecile-
Ya I picked my snib bit carefully...btw there are SO MANY parts I couldve chose to light the fire! ;op

Wena-
Ya he cried 4x...now SD did it in a smooth way and didnt put too much attention to it so thats what made it not so bad. I just happen to like my men to not be criers! lol Good book good book!

Tracy-
Funny you say that b/c he kinda did. It was like BAM after the first kiss...he changed his ways but I have to say it really didnt bother me. I looked at it like he got a taste of what he never thought was possible...a family filled with love, a woman who adored him, and incredible sex that made him want me! lol And then he stuck with it! :o) TO ME something happen to where I dont really think hes fall for anyone else like he did her. But I do get your point! Try it out and let me know what you think!

August 25, 2009 at 5:02 PM
Tracy said...

Good to know, thank Monroe. I always wonder when the playboy's just KNOW after 1 kiss. Really? lol

I looked for this last night at the bookstore but they had no copies. I'll be ordering it soon. :)

August 26, 2009 at 10:25 AM
Monroe Dawson said...

Tracy-
Yay!!! Make sure to let me know your thoughts! :o)

August 26, 2009 at 10:57 AM