Thursday, August 13, 2009

Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood Book 3) - JR Ward

Description~
Deeply scarred without and within, vampire warrior Zsadist believes that he is unworthy of either compassion or true love. One night a glimmer of hope crosses his path, embodied in the young civilian Bella; yet, true to form, he pushes her away. But when the enemy of their race kidnaps Bella, Zsadist can't rest until he finds her, and once he does, he faces his biggest threat to date as fate grants him one last chance at peace.


OMG I think this is my favorite BDB out there...or at least SO FAR!

OK Zasdist...*sigh...what a wounded soul! First off he was stolen from his family at like 7mths old, then he was a blood slave and was totally used...being tied down, sex being forced upon him...he never knew TRUE love. His twin brother Phury found him and saved him from his horrible life that broke him. Bella was totally transfixed by Z from the first time she met him. He shunned her from the beginning which makes her shoot back even more! Z feels hes unworthy of Bellas love b/c of the slave he used to be but Bella sees Z in a different light. Bella is able to break through and reach into his soul bringing out the man (well not really a man hehe) that she knew was deep inside.

I love that Bella is already a vamp and is a totally strong heroin. I was talking with a friend and out all the few heroins in the BDB books I love the vamp girls! ;o) They totally stand their ground with the males. Even when Bella was captured she seemed to be able to compose herself and not crack. She was a very selfless character and she might hold the place of my fav girl in these books so far! :o)

Another story that was intertwined was John Mathew/Wellsie/Tohr...wow just as I was getting used to the "family" feel of the three they all get ripped apart. YES THIS IS A SPOILER but I think its impossible to ignore! I am SO upset that Wellsie dies. ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?! Poor John FINALLY gets a mother figure and she gets murdered. I have to admit I totally cried when Tohr and John found out and to make matter worse Tohr LEAVES JOHN. Now I understand that hes upset...who isn't BUT I felt that Tohr knew how upset John was and it was so selfish to leave him. I love Tohr and Johns relationship b/c as the book was going they really got close and then Wellsie dies and it was like Tohr was so blinded that he forgot he had other priorities. :o/ So ya I seriously wasn't happy about that! So furthermore my Snib Bit will be about John and Tohr.

Snib Bit~

"My brother," Wrath said. There was a helpless tone to his voice, one totally at odds with his fierce face.
Tohr moaned and grabbed at his sternum, rubbing in fast, desperate circles. "You...can't all be here. Not all of you." He put one hand up. Except there was nowhere to go. He banged against a file cabinet. "Wrath, don't...my lord, please, don't...oh, God. Don't say it. Don't tell me..."
"I'm sorry..."
Tohr started to rock back and forth, arms going around his middle as if he were going to throw up. His short breaths went in so fast he began to hiccup, and he didn't seem to exhale at all.
John burst into tears. He didn't mean to. A big hand pulled him up out of the chair and he was held against a chest, he thought it was one of the Brothers. But it was Tohr. Tohr was holding him hard, clinging. The male started to murmur like crazy, his words fast and incomprehensible until they finally coalesced into some kind of meaning. "Why wasn't I called? Wrath it was...the baby, right?
"Get the boy out of here." Wrath commanded.

...:*( SHEESH!

Ok so I really enjoyed this book. It REALLY pulled at your heart and if you havent read it you should give it a try!

I give this book a total of...




Photobucket

6 comments:

~ames~ said...

John is the reason why I've kept reading this series. I really like his character.
And Bella is a good heroine too. I think I could say this is my fave out of the series so far too. But I haven't read the latest two books.

August 15, 2009 at 9:23 AM
Monroe Dawson said...

Ames-
Ya I know everyone has been telling me they get bad...So far I think they have been a fun passionate ride! And btw I hear Rehvenge's book was TOTALLY HOT! So maybe you wanna pick that one up!??! ;o)

August 15, 2009 at 9:31 AM
Nicole McLaughlin said...

Love Z!! Love them all....sigh......

August 15, 2009 at 10:47 AM
Monroe Dawson said...

Nicole-
I KNOW...*sigh can't wait for Phury!

August 15, 2009 at 11:27 AM
Mollie said...

I'm about to star Phury's and this is STILL my favorite! Although it could be in danger whenever John Matthew finally gets his... :)

August 18, 2009 at 6:47 AM
Monroe Dawson said...

Mollie-
I cant wait for John Matthew to get his book! :o) I havent read Phurys book yet but he has made me pretty hot just being in the other books! lol

August 18, 2009 at 4:43 PM