Monday, July 5, 2010

The Vampire's Kiss - Cynthia Eden

Blurb~
William Dark is a monster. He is a vampire, a dark creature that feeds on blood and fear. He is exactly what Savannah Daniels needs.


A year ago, her twin brother and his wife were brutally murdered. Savannah swore a vow of vengeance against the man, the beast, that killed him. A beast that is now after her.

Savannah needs William’s help in order to keep her vow. She must convince him to transform her, to give her the kiss of the vampire, so that she will be strong enough to defeat the killer that is on her trail.
Savannah and William enter into an unholy alliance: He will transform her and see that she receives her justice. In return, she must be his companion, his mate, for eternity.

But, Savannah soon realizes that there is more at stake than just her life. Because once she tastes William’s kiss, she knows that she may be in jeopardy of losing her heart, as well. And she will have to put all of her trust, all of her faith, into the hands of a man who lost his soul centuries ago…


Another great one from Cynthia Eden! One think CE is great for giving you is action right away! You don't get any fooling around with this woman. This book is fast paced and keeps you on your toes! =)

Meet Savannah! Her main objective within the past few years is to avenge her brother and sister in laws gruesome death from a vampire. She knows being a human that she would be no match for a century old vampires strength but when her brothers killer starts to stalk her she knows she must find an answer somewhere. So what to do...what to do...AH HA! BECOME the monster that killed them! ;) Savannah decides to hunt down one of the most legendary vampires around, William Dark.

In enters William. William opens his door to a frail human woman but falls deeply at first sight. How to protect her? Send her away. This woman needs no part of his dark life! But whemn she asks the unthinkable...to kill her he can''t help but not let her go. Thats why he finally excepts to give her the kiss (being bitten 3 times then fed your sires blood will bring on the change) if and only if she stays with him forever as his companion.

Can Savannah really turn over the rest of her life to the type of monster who killed her brother? And if she does can she really beat a century old vampire as a new born???

Like I said CE really give you everything you want in a story! Hot lovin', GREAT fighting action and a romance to make you sigh! =) Savannah and Williams love was something special. I don't want to ruin all their steps in coming together but lets just say that once each of them open up to each other a beautiful relationship unfolds! Go ahead and grab this book (heck ANY of Cynthia's books in fact) b/c you wont be sorry!

Snippet~

You want this, don’t you, little one? His voice purred seductively, although his lips did not move. You came here for this, didn’t you? He began to gently suckle on her neck.

“Yes,” she whispered, as her arms lifted to clutch his shoulders and pull him closer to her body. Her eyes were tightly closed.

William drew back slowly, wondering about her motives, about her willingness to surrender to a monster.Then he remembered what she’d said. “You wanted me to kill someone for you.” It was a statement. What he had taken as a jest before suddenly seemed very serious. Who was this woman? And why did she seek the Angel of Death?

“Yes,” she whispered again, refusing to open her eyes.

Look at me. The command came unbidden. The full force of his will was behind the order. He would know what the woman in his arms wanted, what dangers she presented to him. Then he would deal with her. “Who do you want me to kill?”

Her lashes lifted slowly, languorously. Her breathing was ragged. Her chest rose and fell jerkily. “Me. I want you to kill me.”



I give these books a total of...



Photobucket

7 comments:

~ames~ said...

I'm glad you're enjoying the heck out of CE's writing!

Once I'm out of my paranormal slump, I'll be sure to check her out. :P

July 5, 2010 at 9:41 PM
Cecile Smutty Hussy said...

Holy smoly woman you are going to kill me and my pocket book with these reviews of you!!!!! Awesome job by the way!
Hope all is well honey!!!!!
Hugs to you my lovely honey!

July 6, 2010 at 5:46 PM
Monroe Dawson said...

Ames~
You better gril1 Cynthia Eden seriously ROCKS! She always seems to give you what you want! lol

Cecile~
Hole smoly?!?! You're too cute girl1 ;) Thanks! This review was pretty easy b/c the book was so great! =)

happy Hump Day gals!

July 7, 2010 at 5:30 AM
VampFanGirl said...

I haven't read this author but after your stellar review, I'm off to investigate!

July 7, 2010 at 1:39 PM
Monroe Dawson said...

VFG~
Oh yes you should!!! Check out her Midnight Trilogy and her Night Watch books! Yum-o!

Happy reading babe! =)

July 7, 2010 at 7:42 PM
Erotic Horizon said...

I am with Ames as well...

I am either in a slump or over the PNR craze - but I do have Eden on my list if I ever get my mojo back..

E.H>

July 7, 2010 at 11:21 PM
Monroe Dawson said...

EH~
Well hurry and get out of it already! lol ;) Cynthia Eden is awesome. I think I came upon her books by recieving a free book mark or something and normally I dont go too much into reading those but the covers where hot and so I picked one up and haven't stopped since! ;) Like I told VFG try out her Midnight Trilogy and her Night Watch books! Ive enjoyed them thus far!

*Hugs and big kisses to ya!

July 8, 2010 at 6:32 AM