Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Strange Bedpersons - Jennifer Crusie

Blurb~
Tess Newhart knows her ex-boyfriend Nick Jamieson isn't the right guy for her. He's caviar and champagne; she's take-out Chinese pot stickers. He's an uptight Republican lawyer; she was raised in a commune. He wants to get ahead in business; she just wants…him. But there's no way Tess will play second fiddle to his job.

Yet somehow she finds herself agreeing to play his fiancée on a weekend business trip that could make or break Nick's career. And while he's trying to convince Tess that he needs her in his respectable world, Tess is doing her best to keep her opinions to herself and her hands off Nick.

Everyone knows I LOVE LOVE LOVE Jennifer Crusie...but to me this book was a bit of a hiccup. =/ I must say the biggest thing I have to complain about...to me its like a low budget Cinderella Deal. If you read my review of The Cinderella Deal you'll see that I thoroughly enjoyed it. Strange Bedpersons however is just short of enjoyment in my eyes!

So like I said these two stories are VERY similar...Originally brought together by quirky similarities one weekend things quickly took a turn for the worse when Tess noticed Nick being solely driven by his need to make partner with his law firm. Tess broke things off yet a very persistent Nick needs her help.

Nick needs Tess...Tess has a heart too big for her britches and decides to help her ex impress his boss by playing the fiance. Obviously things unfold...Nick is uptight, Tess is outgoing yet they fall for each other. But can Nick let go of the drive to be MORE? Will Tess let her heart fall again for a man that could very well want to change everything she is and stands for???

Was this book good...well ya, it was ok to me. I mean it's Jenny Crusie after all. BUT BUT BUT bc I read The Cinderella Deal FIRST I have to say that this wasn't Jenny's best. HOWEVER I adore/worship this woman! *bows before the Goddess


I give this book a total of...





Photobucket

7 comments:

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

This was my first Jennifer Crusie read. It was cute but not my fave contemp ever. I have a few more of her books I'm going to try...

July 7, 2010 at 8:47 PM
Erotic Horizon said...

Cute cover - one of my kiddos have those pink bed slippers..

Sometimes an author have a glitch book - hope her next book works for you.

E.H>

July 7, 2010 at 11:24 PM
Monroe Dawson said...

Patti~
Hopefully this wont make you stop reading her b/c the woman seriously rocks! Bet Me, Fast Women, Welcome to Temptation, Man Hunting...those are only a few out of her many that keep you rolling on the floor! Oh and steam up your glasses! lol

EH~
lol I am a huge bed slippers fan...I own a ton of VS ones! ;p

I cant wait for her next book that comes out in August!!! Its called Maybe This Time...maybe this one will work for me! ;)

PS- Ill have info on her new book on tomorrows post ;)

Happy reading gals! =)

July 8, 2010 at 6:20 AM
Rowena said...

Ugh, Tess drove me bat shit crazy in this book and I just couldn't like it as much as JC's other books because of her.

This isn't one of my favorites by JC either. To me, it fell flat.

July 8, 2010 at 2:59 PM
Monroe Dawson said...

Ween~
Ya...not Jenny's finest but hey every author has their quarks right?!?!?! Can't wait for her new book! =)

July 8, 2010 at 5:10 PM
Cecile Smutty Hussy said...

Well honey, you gave us the best honest review you could and that is all we can ask for. I agree with Ms. EH, every author is entitled to have a glitch in the system book. I know they don't want to think of it that way... but these wonderful authors put out so much.... that it leaves me spellbound as to how they do it all and still manage to make my blood hot!! LOL!
Great review!! Miss you... things crazy! Hugs and big smooches to you!

July 9, 2010 at 11:01 AM
Monroe Dawson said...

Cecile~
Ya...I had to give it to yall straight up yet totally respect the author! I love this woman so I understand she isnt perfect! lol

I miss you something fierce baby girl!!! You need to come visit once your girly gets home! Shes already talked me into going shopping in Atl (like it really took convincing ;p)

*BIG WET KISSES ;)

July 9, 2010 at 11:07 AM