Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Dying to Please - Linda Howard

Blurb~
When Sarah Stevens, butler and bodyguard extraordinaire, foils a robbery, she could not have predicted either the tragic chain of events that would be set in motion or detective Thomas Cahill, who responded to the first crime scene. Sarah intrigued, attracted, and aroused him, but his first marriage had dissolved in livid disgust, making him all too wary. Sarah is equally frightened of her feelings for him; she had never before felt so deeply. It might have been bliss had Sarah's employers not developed a habit of dying by murder.


This story, aided by Howard's descriptive narrative, translates well to audio, with evocative visual images cascading through every scene. The author also writes the most erotic lovemaking in the business, which Susan Ericksen handles with aplomb.



*giggles like a little girl...ok ok Ive had it. I dont know if I can do audio books anymore!!! The voices are NEVER right and they simply CRACK ME UP! So furthermore I wont judge the book by its reader (Im not hating on her I just think Im better off making the voices up in my head as I read) but by its content! ;)

Sarah Stevens is a bodyguard/butler for a old geezer that she adores to no end. She likes her simple life and has a plan to one day travel the world! Sarah makes good money, has one day off a week, her own living quarters and a nice fat paycheck...one thing she doesn't have (and doesn't really want) is love. But that's ok with her...things are going swimmingly...until there's a break in and Sarah meets the hothead detective Thomas Cahill.

Cahill can tell Sarah isn't the usual butler...heck she's a WOMAN butler...that right there proves her to be one of a kind. He reluctantly keeps his paws to himself after questioning her but little did he know their paths are soon to meet again. One day Sarah comes home to kind her employers and dear friend shot in the head! She frantically calls Cahill and the investigation starts.

Cahill can't help but wonder if Sarah had anything to do with this murder...even more so when her NEW employer and his wife end up dead! But once Cahill and Sarah get close there's trust that should shine through...right...??? Does Cahill REALLY think Sarah could have anything to do with her employers bodies showing up with holes in their heads? Do the murders have anything to do with the mysterious and expensive gift Sarah received in the mail???

This story was a hoot! The characters pissed you off, lit you on fire, then drenched you with water to cool you off!!!! Oh and btw those are all good things here! ;) This story if jam packed with action, murder, romance...and you even get a glimpse of a killers mind. Don't pass over this book b/c it seems all mystery/murder b/c you'll be sorry! This IS Linda Howard after all and shes one hot romance writer! So go out and get this one!

Hopefully this review left you DYING to buy the book! lol (<- cheesy I know...but I just had to ;p)

I give this book a total of...





Photobucket

5 comments:

Cecile Smutty Hussy said...

Honey you crack me up!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dying... Yeah.. you are lolcats!!!
Anyway, great review honey! And I am with you on the audio thing. That is the one reason I do own any of them... the voices would drive me crazy!
I hope all is well honey! Hugs and smooches to you!

July 13, 2010 at 8:36 PM
Monroe Dawson said...

Cecile~
;) Love making you laugh! Ya I think Ill stick to reading my books! lol

Love ya!

July 14, 2010 at 7:19 PM
~ames~ said...

This is one I really like by LH, especially for re-reading. The wrestling and yummy Cahill.

July 15, 2010 at 5:32 AM
Rowena said...

Oh yeah, that wrestling scene will never get old. And every time I see this book around, I immediately think of that scene. Oh man, this was a good one. I really enjoyed it.

July 16, 2010 at 3:30 PM
Monroe Dawson said...

Ween~
Oh yes the fighting scene was hot! lol Dont you just love Linda Howard????

July 16, 2010 at 3:44 PM