Thursday, April 8, 2010

Midnight Sins (The Midnight Trilogy Book 2) - Cynthia Eden

Blurb~
Todd Brooks fights to keep Atlanta safe from a serial killer, an increasingly complex job as he discovers that his city is teeming with demons, vampires and an array of Others. It also doesn't help that smitten with beautiful prime suspect Cara Firon. All the evidence points to Caras guilt, but Todd is certain that she has been set up, even as his colleagues warn that he is being swayed by lust. Cara, meanwhile, turns out to be a powerful sex demon struggling with her own issues of right, wrong and love.


*sigh...Im beginning to really love this woman. Cynthia Eden is still pretty new to me. Ive only read one other book from her (in this same series) but so far Im giving her nothing but high marks!

In book two of The Midnight Trilogy we meet Todd Banks. He is partner to our hero in book one (Colin) and has been under wraps about all the paranormal activity. When murders start and Caras purse is found in a nearby dumpster all fingers start to point her way!

...In comes Todd...tall...lean...SEXY AS HECK! Man meat on a stick! BUT a big ol' temper to follow...he suspects Cara is in on the murders and knows something is up when she starts to sweat! Colin knows what she is...A SUCCUBUS! I was uber excited knowing this b/c really Ive only read two different series about Succubus' s! But anyways...so he is totlaly hot for her (b/c her succubus aura) but he cant help but suspect her of murder! When things finally get hot and heavy it comes down to if he believes her or not...AND once he finds out WHAT exactly she is...we wonder if he can handle that hurtle and love Cara! Then their is the murderer...and when he starts to get closer and closer to Cara things start to get ugly!

Ok I seriously loved this book. In the first book Colin (a changeling) obviously was aggressive...and in this second book Todd is no exception even though hes human! Todd is a hot freaking cop that follows his intuition. And when it brings him to Cara, I believe its the first time hes thrown for a loop. Hes had other gals before...being sorta a ladies man...BUT with Cara all things change.

Now, Cara is a succubus that has taken an oath of celibacy! I KNOW I KNOW...how can she...well succubus go for lust right!???! Well she sings...so she kinda feeds off the people in the crowd. So ya he comes to see her sing and question her! The great thing about this story is that they both try to fight getting involved with each other...Cara tries even harder towards the end. Todd ends up giving up and seeks her out in more ways than one! ;o)

One aspect Ive never came across was that Cara could reach into Todd's dreams...CE did this a few times in the book and left you panting at the end of each dream. This book ended up being much more erotic than I anticipated! ;o) You'll love this one! So got check it out! I for one cant wait to continue on my Cynthia Eden journey!

Quote I love:
“She was an aberration, she knew it. Not a predator like she should be. Too weak. The demon blood in her body should have made her a perfect hunter.”

I give this book a total of...




Photobucket

5 comments:

Cecile Smutty Hussy said...

I think I actually have book one or two... or maybe both if I really search for them... (in the midst of the bookshelf...aka my closet) I think I can find them!!!
You did another great review... that will make me in search for them to see exactly what I have and what I am missing!! You rock it out girl when it comes to reviews!
Hope all is well!!!
Hugs to you

April 8, 2010 at 10:14 PM
Sophia (FV) said...

"Now, Cara is a succubus that has taken an oath of celibacy! I KNOW I KNOW..."

LOL Ok, you got me, I'm intrigued :) I'm adding this series to my Kindle...well hopefully it's available on Kindle. :)

April 8, 2010 at 10:36 PM
Monroe Dawson said...

Cecile~
Lol like I've said before...I aim to please ;) You'd really like this trilogy. They are hot for eachother from the get go! Lol Let me know when you read it! We shall discuss.

Vixen~
Lol I like saying Vixen! ;) ya I would think its on Kindle...or I hope so. I read mine on my Sony Ebook so if it was available for it surely it is for yours too! I can't wait to hear what you have to say about these books! I only have one more to go in the trilogy so I'm sorta sad BUT at least she has other books to dive into! And ya Caras isn't your typical Succubus! Although now I am craving to read more of Richelle Meads Georgina Kincaid series! Lol

April 9, 2010 at 3:48 AM
Mandi said...

Eek - I don't think I realized this series was PNR. It looks sooo good. I want. I'm going to get the first one now.

I actually have never read this author so this is the excuse I needed to buy another book..LOL.

April 9, 2010 at 4:30 AM
Monroe Dawson said...

Mandi-
I really loved the first one too! I reviewed it not to long ago...the cover is HOT on that one!!! lol Let me know what you think about it once your done! :o)

Have a great weekend hun!

April 9, 2010 at 5:11 AM