Saturday, January 9, 2010

By The Way...

Ok so I love Jill Shalvis and this morning I was catching up on my blog hopping (ya just b/c I dont comment doesnt mean I dont read them ;op) and I caught an excerpt from her HUGELY anticipated book Slow Heat. I grinned the entire time and I for one CANT WAIT for this stinking book to come out! I love Jill and she totally rocks as an author!

Here let me share!



Excerpt:

“Powder puff?” Samantha asked Wade. “What’s a powder puff?”

“Wives and girlfriends play an inning. You’re catcher.”

She just stared at him, mouth open.

He smiled, gently tapped his finger her beneath the chin until her mouth closed, and sank to the seat she’d just vacated. “Don’t worry, I’ll cheer you on.”

“But I’m in heels.”

Tess came running up the stands and grabbed Sam’s hand, pulling her down toward the field. “Come on, it’ll be fun.”

“B-but I’m not dressed for this,” she protested as Tess left her no choice but to run alongside her, which she did like a pro in spite of the four-inch heels. “I don’t know how to play . . .”

Wade watched her go, grinning from ear to ear. Oh, hell, yeah. This was exactly what he’d needed, a weekend of entertainment. And it was greatly entertaining, watching Sam get handed over the catcher’s gear. Watching her stare at the equipment in her hands, making him realize that she truly had no idea what she was doing. He took in the sheer panic on her face and sighed as he rose to his feet, then made his way down to her. “Problem?” he asked.

“Yes.” She fisted his shirt and held on, eyes wide. “I don’t know what I’m doing.”

And she hated that, he knew. His Sam thrived on knowing exactly what she was doing, at all times. “It’s called winging it, Princess. In the name of fun.”

She tugged harder, bringing him nose to nose with her. “You have no idea how much I hate to admit this, but I need your help.”

He let out a slow smile. “It’s going to cost you.”

“I don’t care.”

“Oh, Sam.” His hands went to her hips and squeezed gently. “You’re going to care.”

She let out a breath. “You’re getting a kick out of this.”

“Seeing you out of your element?” His full grin escaped. “You can bet your sweet ass on it.”


OMG I CAN NOT WAIT! Make sure you preorder this ASAP and if you havent read JS b4...well whatcha waiting for??? GO GET HER! ;o) Love yall!



Photobucket

4 comments:

Amy said...

Yum, that cover is pret-tay! Jill Shalvis is one of my faves too. I love her South Beach Singles series she did several years ago for Harlequin Temptation.

January 9, 2010 at 2:07 PM
Monroe Dawson said...

Amy-
Isnt it!??! I love sports romances and I just LOVE this excerpt! ;o) Only a month away!!!

January 9, 2010 at 3:05 PM
~ames~ said...

This is one book I'm looking forward to this year. :P

January 10, 2010 at 12:07 PM
Monroe Dawson said...

OH me too girl!!! This cover is YUM-O!

January 10, 2010 at 12:10 PM