Monday, May 10, 2010

Oh By The Way...

Blurb~
Trouble befalls Lord John Grey (fresh from minor roles in Gabaldon's bestselling Outlander novels) when he accidentally discovers that the Hon. Joseph Trevelyan, his cousin's betrothed, may have what those in 1757 termed "the pox" or "the French disease" syphilis. Befo
re he can figure out an appropriate way to handle this delicate matter, he becomes involved in the investigation of the mysterious and grisly murder of a military colleague suspected of being a spy. Gabaldon (The Fiery Cross; Drums of Autumn; etc.) stitches these two plots together into a compelling narrative that also offers a wealth of juicy details about 18th-century London, especially its homosexual underbelly. Lord John, who reminisces about his dead lover, Hector, and the "lean, hard body" of an old flame, learns that Trevelyan may be traveling from one house of ill repute to another of a different sort: at the Lavender House, both buyers and sellers are men. Among his various trials and tribulations, Lord John must discern the identity of a mysterious figure in a green velvet dress spotted in both of these establishments and investigate the mysterious death of a similarly attired man, found with his face bashed in.

Alright guys...Im a HUGE Outlander fan...LIKE HUGE! I recently picked this one up b/c I love John In Outlander and wanted to try out his series...so how is it? Have yall tried it out yet? I haven't seen it around Blogland?!?!? Whats the deets?

Happy Monday!




Photobucket

11 comments:

Cecile Smutty Hussy said...

Mondays are yuck!!!!
I have not yet indulged in this one... but I hope you have fun with it!!! **evil smiles**

Hope your Monday is going great honey!!!

May 10, 2010 at 8:37 AM
Monroe Dawson said...

Cecile~
It's going great honey! Hope yours is as well! As for Lord John...it has to rock I mean its Diana Gabaldon so...ya! Lol I just haven't seen Peeps reviewing it...hmmm...

May 10, 2010 at 8:44 AM
Sophia (FV) said...

Hey Monroe!! My hubby is home today so it's going to be a great day! :)

I haven't read the Lord John series yet. I've heard mixed reviews and I really wonder if I can read it without missing Jamie and Claire. I don't know. Still thinking about it. I'll be interested to hear your thoughts if you decide to give it a go.

May 10, 2010 at 9:37 AM
Monroe Dawson said...

Vixen~
Yay to the hubbs being home! =)

I know I'm gonna miss Jamie and Claire but I actually think I read somewhere that Jamie is in it every now and then...idk I hope so!

Have a fun Monday with the hubby darlin! Kisses!

May 10, 2010 at 10:19 AM
Mandi said...

I've been wanting to read it..especially because of it's m/m nature...:)

I love her Outlander books!

May 10, 2010 at 11:27 AM
Monroe Dawson said...

Mandi~
Yes John is gay but idk if it really has "action" in it...but then again I could be wrong! lol It looks like Im gonna have to read this soon being everyone is wait on SOMEONE to read it! lol Ill be that someone! ;)

Happy Monday babycakes!

May 10, 2010 at 11:29 AM
Nicole McLaughlin said...

In my TBR, I need to get it out. I know Jamie makes some appearances...I think in the 2nd book. Pretty sure it takes place during the 20 years while Claire is gone. I want to know what the heck he was doing all that time!! (Well beyond what were already told! LOL) I think i've heard somewhere that there is action...but not intense. Whatever that means.

May 10, 2010 at 2:42 PM
Monroe Dawson said...

Nic~
Whip that baby out then...the book that is lol! Ya I'm pretty sure it'll be a different feel that Outlander but its DG and she rocks so I bet well enjoy it! :)

May 10, 2010 at 2:46 PM
Rowena said...

I read the first book in this series and never picked up any of the other books. As much as I adored Jamie, I just couldn't do it. Those books are hunkin' huge?

May 11, 2010 at 10:51 AM
Monroe Dawson said...

Ween~
That they are girl but they are like crack to me! Lol

May 11, 2010 at 10:57 AM
~ames~ said...

Love the pic of that baby! LOL

And I have this one...but I haven't read it yet! LOL

May 11, 2010 at 9:09 PM