Tuesday, April 20, 2010

This Perfect Kiss - Christie Ridgway

Blurb~
Curious people want to know: is dashing millionaire Rory Kincaid about to resign his position as the "sexiest man in town"?
If Rory decides to step down as the most eligible bachelor in America, millions of women will be left crying on his way to the altar...
Rory Kincaid has everyone talking...and the women swooning.
After a lifetime of living down his family's scandalous past, the handsome public figure decides to take up the mantle of respectability.
But first he must survive the scandal caused by a curvy siren named Jilly Skye.
With her snug, vintage clothes and free-spirited ways, Jilly can't quite discover why Rory makes her feel so....tingly. Though he's far from an antique, no one that tempting should appear so stodgy. When the two are caught on film in a distinctly compromising position, Jilly agrees to pose as his fiancee - at least until his reputation gets back in order.
But neither of them counted on love...


You know...I read this book last week and at the time was like 'ok Im digging this' but now looking back I notice that it wasnt all the greatest...it was just ehh...kinda passing the time.

Its your typical eccentric woman falling for the uptight rich guy. She teaches him to let go and have the life he REALLY wants and not the one everyone else wants him to have. Rory wants to live down his families scandalous life so he sets out to be a politician. When Rory gets caught in a compromising position with Jilly he is forced to fake an engagement but will Jillys past interfere with his goals? The big question is in the end what will Rory choose...Jilly or his career?

Theres also another story on the side...this one is WAY more interesting and personally I think it shouldve been the headliner! Rorys brother fell in love with his grandfathers young and beautiful wife YEARS ago. After she produced an heir he kicked her out on her fanny...when the two are face to face after all these years sparks start to fly...but how will it all play out when theres not only a past to overcome but a child she hasnt seen since birth?!?!

Like I said this book was just meh for me...very predictable and sketchy at parts/ I do love this author but I must say that this one didnt lite my fire! ;o) After reading it I felt like Ive read it before. I guess at the time I needed something more fresh. SO if this wouldnt be something you've read before you may enjoy it way better than I did! So give it a shot and let me know what you think!

I give this book a total of...




Photobucket

2 comments:

Cecile Smutty Hussy said...

I guess we all have those blah kinda reads. They are okay to have... Wishing that a book would have or could have been never works. But that does not put the author down any. Just means that maybe you will like her next one.. lol.
But we all have different taste.. so what is one man's trash is another's treasure!
Hope you are having a great day hon!

April 21, 2010 at 11:07 AM
Monroe Dawson said...

Cecile~
I think one other thing that worked against me was that I had read a similar book and it ROCKED (The Kept Woman by Susan Donovan) so maybe that was it!

April 21, 2010 at 11:18 AM