Monday, March 15, 2010
AN ALLURING LAIRD
He was known throughout the kingdom as Hawk, legendary predator of the battlefield and the boudoir. No woman could refuse his touch, but no woman ever stirred his heart—until a vengeful fairy tumbled Adrienne de Simone out of modern-day Seattle and into medieval Scotland. Captive in a century not her own, entirely too bold, too outspoken, she was an irresistibly challenge to the sixteenth-century rogue. Coerced into a marriage with Hawk, Adrienne vowed to keep him at arm's length—but his sweet seduction played havoc with her resolve.
A PRISONER IN TIME
She had a perfect "no" on her perfect lips for the notorious laird, but Hawk swore she would whisper his name with desire, begging for the passion he longed to ignite in her. Not even the barriers or time and space could keep him from winning her love. Despite her uncertainty about flowing the promptings of her own passionate heart, Adrienne's reservations were no match for Hawk's determination to keep her by his side...
Alright...this was an audio book so MAYBE thats why I my score lacked for this one...ok I'm gonna list this one out b/c in my mind that's the only way I can reason the book.
- Ive only read ONE time travel book (Time Travelers Wife...my FAV book) and I think it would be hard for it not to be corny...this book WAS NOT corny at all! It was exciting, sexy and intriguing.
- I LOVE two men fighting over one woman! In this book there is a fae (Adam) and Hawk (the laird) fighting over Adrienne's heart. Hawk wants to seduce his wife and win her heart even though shes lusts for Adam (well actually both men). Makes for hot fights! ;o)
- I love that the book has magic in it...obviously their were fae in the book so we get a mystical feel to everything. That's how Adri ended up in the 1500's! ...and how she goes back :'( You get to know the when and why Adri goes from the 1990's to the 1500's and it all ties into the fae! So that was something different...its was like a contemporary (Adrienne) meets historical (Hawk) meets fantasy (Adam) lol
- Ok I must say...I was driving to Florida listening to this and if I had to hear "But who are you REALLY" or "I hate beautiful men" one more time I was going to end my life by running into a tree!!! UGH! This was pretty annoying! AND repetitive!!!
- As much as I loved Hawk, Adri was a bit ANNOYING! Her reasoning for SO MANY THINGS was ridiculous! She was "burnt" by her ex lover so she hated beautiful men, she was yes and no about the Hawk situation, she would say ADAMS NAME while getting kinky with Hawk...idk it was a bit frustrating. And not the frustrating of your normal book...liek you want the chick to get over her crap to get with the hero...it was just plain FRUSTRATING!
- The readers voice...omg...at one point he meowed like a cat and I about busted a gut. His girl voice SUCKED and was a tad annoying BUT I will say his guy voice was pretty yummy! lol Overall I just think I wouldve been better off reading it myself.
So overall I think it was a decent book. My downfall was that I found myself looking at the characters through the readers eyes and not my own. You know you picture your characters a certain way and give them their own "voice" and that was sorta forced on me...it being read to me and all. BUT I will say I enjoyed the story and would continue to look into the rest of the books! :o) Also I loved that I got a book "read" while traveling! Audio books are a pretty cool thing!
I give this book a total of...
ALERT ALERT I GOTTA BLOG AWARD! lol
I got this lovey award from my bestie Ames over at the Thrifty Reader.
Ive gotta give yall 10 things about myself so listen up! ;op~
1~ I eat mustard on just about anything. I cant help it...Im addicted! I even squirt it on my fingers to eat it! lol
2~ Im a bit OCD...I have a numbers issue (even numbers mostly). If I pat my right leg 2x I MUST do it to my left or Im beside myself with anxiety lol...or Ill count my steps or ceiling tiles. It gets tiring but I cant help myself.
3~ I was in Colorguard when I was in high school! I loved it and made great friends! BUT the thing I loved the most was the dancing portion of it! I have a very long tall body that allowed me to show lines...I would LOVE to one day take better dancing lessons!
4~ If you ask my if I preferred hugs or kisses I'd say hugs EVERY TIME! I just think they are more intimate and personal. I love giving them!
5~ Ive always thought Id be a good child councilor. Ive kinda went through some stuff growing up and since I had overcame it I have felt the urge to get others through their times. Kids in specifically. Im actually looking into doing just that. Sometimes people just need to be able to talk or have a guiding hand in their life...someone whos been there.
6~ Most, if not all my friends are older than me. At first I thought it was b/c my hubby is 5 years older but Ive come to believe its b/c I just dont relate to people my age as much. The 25 year olds I know mostly go out and drink and party...now Im not saying I dont have fun but just my own. Reading, writing, sewing etc are my ideas of a good time! ;o)
7~ Im the only American on my Breezing Through blog! lol I got asked last year to join Breezing Through (and I SO love those girls) and I think its just so funny that Im the only American! They are my Canadian Cuties! Love you Ames, Chantal and Nath!!!
8~ I am a ridiculously sensitive person! lol I cant help it but I really wear my heart on my sleeves. BUT Im blessed with understanding friends who know when to coddle me or to tell me to suck it up!
9~ I love hockey games! I love seeing the fights the best! Seeing raw men ripping at each other and punching and cursing on a huge piece of ice gets me going. Im the one you DONT wanna take to a game b/c when the fights break out Im standing in my chair screaming for my team to kick their butts! lol
10~ This is an odd one...I say Thank You and I'm Sorry all the time. I dont even know why. Someone will ask ME to do something and I tell THEM thank you! lol OR Ill apologize for no reason...I dont even know why I do it! lol!!! Its the funniest thing!
Cecile at All I want and more...
Mandi at Smexy Books
Patti at Book Addict
You girls blogs rock! So here you go...enjoy! lol