Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Caressed By Ice (Psy-Changelings, Book 3) - Nalini Singh

Description~
As an Arrow, an elite soldier in the Psy Council ranks, Judd Lauren was forced to do terrible things in the name of his people. Now a defector, his dark abilities have made him the most deadly of assassins—cold, pitiless, unfeeling. Until he meets Brenna…

Brenna Shane Kincaid was an innocent before she was abducted—and had her mind violated—by a serial killer. Her sense of evil runs so deep, she fears she could become a killer herself. Then the first dead body is found, victim of a familiar madness. Judd is her only hope, yet her sensual changeling side rebels against the inhuman chill of his personality, even as desire explodes between them. Shocking and raw, their passion is a danger that threatens not only their hearts, but their very lives…


So once again Im back to the Psy/Changeling series!! Yip yip theses books have been oh so good to me! ;o) I have to say that this book didn’t excite me as quick as the others but it did (by the middle) hype me up!

We met Brenna in the first book of the series! She was one of the Changelings to get kidnapped and tortured! There was a team that went in and saved her and among that team was a certain Psy that lives among the Changelings. Judd Lauren was an arrow Among the Psy…basically an assassin. When things didn’t go his way he decided to leave the Psy and take his family with him. He now lives among the Changelings (the wolves) and does work for Hawk, the pack leader.

Brenna and Judd have an attraction of course but Judd being Psy AND an Arrow on top of things makes him cold as ice (hence the books name lol). Brenna spends most the book trying to break his harsh exterior and also piss him off! Lol So her banter towards him made the book pretty funny! Judd always seemed to respond in a smart-assed way but only b/c hes Psy and they say it like it is.

The two start to bond more due to Brenna having a hard time getting over being “mind raped” by the killer a while back. Judd helps her through a few situations and you start to warm up to his character! When things start to get up close and personal with the two I began to get sexually frustrated! Lol The thing is touching her was almost a punishment to his body. Judd isnt not like a normally Psy where they would be just be uncomfortable… no his body literally would shut down or cause him immense pain. He knew if he wanted to be with her he would have to finally drop out of the Psy Net. This served as a problem b/c of his wild nature and need to kill.

This isn’t the only problem! Dead bodies are starting to come up among the community and Judd’s afraid Brenna might be the next victim. You find out that the killer had an accomplice! And this accomplice ISNT Psy!!! CRAZY!?!?! I totally didn’t see that one coming. And actually I have to admit I thought at one point her brothers were the killers! HA! Lol Alright im starting to ramble…ok anyways so the big objective is to stop the killings and figure out a way for the two to be together.

Like I said I really love NS and this was a great book once you got into the hairy parts but it just wasn’t my fav. I felt a bit disconnected from Judd. I think it has to do with him being Psy. I was used to the men being all animalistic in this series and going after what they wanted…breaking the shell of the Psy they wanted! YUM! So I guess overall I just prefer my men to be Changeling and not cold as ice! Lol ;o) Go get the book you wont be disappointed and it is after all part of an awesome series!

I give this books a total of...




Photobucket

4 comments:

~ames~ said...

I really really enjoyed this book. I thought that Judd was sexy even in his iciness and he just got better when Brenna warmed him up! LOL

January 10, 2010 at 12:12 PM
Monroe Dawson said...

Ames-
Im a horn-dog...I needed it sooner than when I got it! lol Still enjoyed the book though.

January 10, 2010 at 12:13 PM
Tracy said...

I totally agree with you. While it was a good book, because come on, Nalini wrote it, it just wasn't my fav. My least fav in the series, unfortunately.

January 12, 2010 at 4:36 PM
Monroe Dawson said...

Tracy-
Ya I hated that too b/c I liked the idea of Brenna overcoming everything that happened to her and finding her man...have you read the one after this? I havent yet...

January 12, 2010 at 5:04 PM