Monday, August 30, 2010

Something Borrowed - Emily Giffin

Blurb~

Something Borrowed tells the story of Rachel, a young attorney living and working in Manhattan. Rachel has always been the consummate good girl---until her thirtieth birthday, when her best friend, Darcy, throws her a party. That night, after too many drinks, Rachel ends up in bed with Darcy's fiancé.

Although she wakes up determined to put the one-night fling behind her, Rachel is horrified to discover that she has genuine feelings for the one guy she should run from. As the September wedding date nears, Rachel knows she has to make a choice. In doing so, she discovers that the lines between right and wrong can be blurry, endings aren't always neat, and sometimes you have to risk all to win true happiness.



Hey guys...I know Ive been MIA but honestly Ive had SO MUCH going on...from family members in the hospital to my bro-in-law getting held up and almost murdered! NO JOKE! Ok anyways I wanted to start something new since IMMMM BAAAACK! lol Try it out...let me know what you think! I was nervous and SERIOUSLY sweating! lol So don't laugh at me! ;) LOVE YOU ALL!!!!

Btw...sorry the voice and the video is a bit off...Im still figuring it all out! lol and make sure you follow me on my You Tube channel!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Monroewithatwist?feature=mhum





I give this books a total of...




Photobucket

10 comments:

Nicole McLaughlin said...

Love it!!!! and LOVE the bangs. :)

August 30, 2010 at 1:50 PM
Monroe Dawson said...

Nic~
lol you sure?!??! I was totally nervous and sweating like a fat man! lol But I liked it better than having to type! ;)

August 30, 2010 at 1:51 PM
Rowena said...

Awwww, look at you and your gorgeous self! I love it!

I see that you're reading The Hunger Games...I'm so TEAM PEETA! LOVE THAT SERIES!

August 30, 2010 at 1:59 PM
Monroe Dawson said...

Awww...thanks girly! I was nervous! lol And I JUST started The Hunger Games! Im excited!

August 30, 2010 at 2:01 PM
nath said...

LOL, this is cool Monroe!! and definitively different :D I love hearing your voice and see your expressions! You're so expressive!!

I couldn't do this though LOL. I'm sure I mispronounce so many words ^_^;

When this book came out, I picked up and read the blurb... and the ending. Lots of people have read it, but I still don't know... doesn't attract me.

August 30, 2010 at 6:19 PM
Monroe Dawson said...

Nath~
Thanks sweetie! lol glad I can be expressive and amuse yall! ;)

I wasnt sure about this one either but it REALLY jumps in there and grabs you! Im excited to read the second one!

August 30, 2010 at 6:28 PM
~ames~ said...

This is such a good idea! It's so cool and it's perfect for you since your personality is so outgoing!!

I do want to try this book now, LOL.

August 30, 2010 at 7:32 PM
Monroe Dawson said...

Ames~
Thanks girl! lol I figured it was easier and a bit more personal eh?!?! ;)

This book...I think youll either love or hate! lol I know you! ;P

August 30, 2010 at 7:59 PM
Cecile Smutty Hussy said...

OMG.... you are so cute!!!!!!! Even though I already knew that!!!! And yeah, I love my little southern girl accent you got!!! **From ghetto girl**

Awesome review!!!!!!!!! Hugs to honey!

August 30, 2010 at 8:20 PM
Monroe Dawson said...

Cecile~ (aka Ghetto girl) lol
Thanks sweetie! =) Darn my accent still came out?!??! I tried for it to STAY AWAY! lol

August 31, 2010 at 3:40 AM